Has it really been a year? (and a giveaway!)
Yes! It has. Actually, yesterday was my year anniversary, but after being in vacation mode last week, I didn’t have my act together enough for this post. My first post was titled “Trying to figure this thing out” which seems like what I’ve been doing all year.😛
I’ve made lots of wonderful friends, read some amazing books, and been able to get back in touch with the writing muscles I’ve neglected since college. Here are some of the high points over the last year:
- Buddy reviews/Challenge reviews/Conversations with AmyC from Romance Book Wyrm (see our Shadow Queen post); Carolyn Jean from The Thrillionth Page (see our Bride of Casa Dracula post); Bridget from Good Books, Bad Books (see our challenge reviews here and here); and Nath from Breezing Through Books/Books, Books & More Books (see our Turn Coat buddy review).
- Joining the ladies over at Desert Island Keepers, both as a guest blogger and later, as an official “DIK lady”
- participating in the TBR Challenge and Re-read Challenge
- and, these gals
A few of my favorite posts have included :
- My Top 5 posts: they’ve allowed me to really think about my favorite books, and what is it about them that makes them my favorite. (See sidebar on right for links to all of my Top 5 posts.)
- Reviews for Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale, A Companion to Wolves by Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear, and To Seduce a Sinner by Elizabeth Hoyt. I haven’t been reviewing much, lately, but these are the ones of which I’m most proud.
- ETA: Fantasy Casting: the men. How could I leave this out! I had so much fun picking the men and the pics!😛
In the coming year, I’m really looking forward to:
- A super-sekrit project with Carolyn from The Thrillionth Page
- A couple of buddy reviews with Nath
- Reading and sharing some more great books
- More get-togethers with the So Cal Bloggers, including (hopefully!) one with soon-to-be honorary So Cal gal, Nath, and (hopefully!) the return of honorary So Cal gal Lisabea.
And so, on to . . .
I had a great time putting together my giveaway a few months ago, where I let the winner choose from a selection of books and I want to do another similar giveaway. So, here’s the deal:
Using my Top 5 posts (not including the audiobook post), the winner will receive their choice of TWO books, in either paperback or ebook format. E-books are available through Fictionwise (I can gift a specific book at this site), with a couple noted exceptions.
- To Seduce a Sinner (The Legend of the Four Soldiers series, book 2) by Elizabeth Hoyt
- Devil’s Bride (Cynster series, book 1) by Stephanie Laurens
- The Devil in Winter (Wallflowers series, book 3) by Lisa Kleypas
- Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas
- Scandal by Carolyn Jewel
- Moon Called (Mercy Thompson series, book 1) by Patricia Briggs
- Dead Until Dark (Southern Vampires series/Sookie Stackhouse series, book 1) by Charlaine Harris
- Storm Front (Dresden Files, book 1) by Jim Butcher
- Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows series, book 1) by Kim Harrison
- Bitten (Otherworld series, book 1) by Kelley Armstrong
- Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling series, book 1) by Nalini Singh
- Angels’ Blood (Guild Hunter series, book 1) by Nalini Singh
- My Wicked Enemy (My series, book 1) by Carolyn Jewel
- Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood series, book 1) by JR Ward
- Without Reservations (With or Without series, book 1) by JL Langley (M/M)—paperback, ebook is not available at Fictionwise, but you will receive a gift certificate from MBAB for the amount of the ebook.
- Wicked Lovely (Faery Court series, book 1) by Melissa Marr
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman—paperback will be the international edition
- Uglies (Uglies series, book 1) by Scott Westerfeld
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins—paperback only
- Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires series, book 1) by Rachel Caine
- Sugar Daddy (Travis family series, book 1) by Lisa Kleypas
- Blue-Eyed Devil (Travis family series, book 2) by Lisa Kleypas
- Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track series, book 1) by Erin McCarthy
- Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins
- Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars series) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
All you need to do is comment with your choice of TWO books, and the format in which you’d like to receive them—print or ebook. This contest is open to everyone. (International print books will be sent through The Book Depository.)
Comment by midnight PST, on Monday, August 31, 2009. Winner will be randomly selected and announced on September 1st.
ETA: NOTE THE CORRECTED CLOSING DATE!! I HAD PREVIOUSLY STATED INCORRECTLY THAT IT WAS SUNDAY THE 31ST. I RECENTLY LOOKED AT A CALENDAR (DUH) AND REALIZED I HAD THE WRONG DATE. MONDAY, AUGUST 31ST IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER. ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1ST THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.